Thursday, June 24, 2010

NTSS Master Chef

Last night at scouts we had a master chef evening. We were given food and recipes and told to make our meals for not only ourselves but our parents as well. As the coxswain(patrol leader) I took control and organized everyone. For our entree we had mini kebabs with the option of peanut butter dipping sauce or a sweet chilli yogurt dipping sauce. I thought that the sauces were disgusting but the meat was great. All the adults were saying they loved the sauces though. I am not sure if they were trying to make me feel better or not.

For our main we had mini hamburgers. We had in them, lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, hand made meat paddies (they looked gross but tasted great) and pineapple slices. To stop them falling off the plate we stabbed a kebab stick through the middle. My Uncle Chris and Dad were there as our 'parents'. Because my little brother also goes to scouts they had to go between two meals. The meals were very filling but Uncle said the paddies at my group were so good he would have held up for a third. :)

For dessert we had pikelets but fancy pikelets, with peaches in the middle. Each group was judged by both the leaders and an anonymous parent from the group. The parent's scores were put up on the board for all to see. Under Forward Starboard (my group) we had two zeroes for our pikelets (presentation and taste). We had three stations, two on each station (except for our group who had only 5) and I was on the pikelets station. I was so bummed when I saw that I went and had a tangi with my Dad.

Dad told me that it was the lady Beddows who was judging our group. The reason he knew that was because when the scout leaders asked if it was forward port or forward starboard who came first for the pikelets the lady was like 'No way, I put on the sheet, No taste, No flavor, No way!' What a bitch!

Dad told me to go clean myself up and then he went over to her (feigning ignorance) and said that it was so horrible, some miserable person gave our group two zeroes and so I was crying in the bathroom. Dad told me later that when he said that her faced looked like she was sucking on a lemon and she stood up. When dad walked away she was having an urgent talk with her husband who must have helped with the judging.

When I came in, Dad had already briefed me. I could see her looking at me so I put my hood on and slumped to the corner with my watch. She came and said that it wasn't my fault. It was the boy's pancakes that tasted disgusting but mine were good. All the time I was thinking to myself 'I know it was you, you bitch.' What she didn't understand was that it doesn't matter if my pikelets were the best in the whole world, it is My watch and My responsibility. While the boys weren't always concentrating it is my job to take the fall for my team, and help them be better. It isn't easy to be happy with their performance when they dipped the egg beater in cream and were spraying each other with it but it was my fault for not being able to get them to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment